Dalai Lama, US secretary of state greet people on Losar
[IANS] Dharamsala, Feb 10: The Dalai Lama and US Secretary of State John Kerry have extended greetings on Losar, the Tibetan New Year, a statement from the Tibetan government-in-exile said here on Wednesday. more...
Rs 30 lakh seized from Tibetan monks
Rajesh Sharma, The Tribune | February 6, 2016 UNA - The police today seized about Rs 30 lakh unaccounted money in various currencies from four Tibetan monks on the Mehatpur inter-state barrier near here. more...
Highly prized ‘caterpillar fungus’ declared a danger to health by China’s food and drug administration
Alice Yan, South China Morning Post |February 5, 2016 Products derived from rare ingredient from Tibet found to contain up to 10 times the national limit of arsenic, officials say more...
Pacific Rim nations sign giant trade deal amid protests
[AFP] AUKLAND, Feb 4: The US-led Trans-Pacific Partnership, one of the biggest trade deals in history, was signed in New Zealand today as protestors demonstrated over fears for jobs and sovereignty. more...
China’s Rights Struggle Is No Longer an ‘Internal Affair’
By Kerry Brown, The Diplomat | February 01, 2016 “Suddenly the country’s domestic repression has a strong international dimension.” more...
Suu Kyi’s Parliament of Prisoners Takes Power in Burma
The Daily Telegraph | February 1, 2016 NAYPYIDAW: Such a scene would have been unthinkable during the dark days of military rule in Burma. more...
- Suu Kyi’s Parliament of Prisoners Takes Power in Burma
- Suspected Chinese hackers target minorities, Russian gov’t
- India to build satellite tracking station in Vietnam that offers eye on China
- Chinese stores flout ban on selling bottled ‘glacier water’, says report
- For U.S., Taiwan Vote Changes Calculus Over ‘One China’
- China publishes ‘verified living buddha’ list