4th International Rangzen Conference concludes, issues five-point declaration
By Lobsang Tenchoe
DHARAMSALA, August 24: The 4th International Rangzen Conference concluded on a high note for the Tibetan independence advocates with a renewed resolve to further enhance and strengthen Tibet’s independence movement.
Independence advocates from Tibet, East Turkestan, Southern Mongolia and Taiwan, as well as Chinese democrats have unanimously rejected Chinese rule and further agreed to coordinate and work collectively by combining their strengths to fight against China at the conference.
The Tibetans met with other contingents at the conference for a day and half to discuss and exchange ideas and experiences while internal discussions and debates were held among the Tibet attendees on how to sustain and nurture the fight for Tibet’s Independence.
The 4th International Rangzen Conference was organized by Tibetan independence advocates in Europe. The first Rangzen conference was held at the auditorium of the Library of Tibetan works and Archives in Gangchen Kyishong in Dharamsala on July 27, 2012 while the second and the third was held in New Delhi and New York from May 23-24, 2015 and July 1-3, 2016 respectively.
The five-point declaration isued by Paris Rangzen Conference are:
- Independence supporters from Tibet, East Turkestan, Southern Mongolia, and Taiwan, as well as Chinese democrats, have agreed to combine our strengths and work collectively together.
- At the conference, independence supporters from Tibet, East Turkestan, South Mongolia, and Taiwan unanimously rejected Chinese rule; and Chinese democrats affirmed the need to achieve freedom from the Communist party of China.
- We have to nurture the future seeds of rangzen, to sustain our fight until the time when both the Tibetan people and the Tibetan government in exile come together to work for rangzen.
- We need to recognize that the call and the will of the self-immolators – the Tibetan martyrs, and those living under brutal China oppression – are for our struggle. Their aspirations must be recorded and spread widely, without being altered or diluted.
- Since the colonization of the nation of Tibet by China, many conflicts have taken place because China and India came to share the present border. Recently, tensions have escalated between India and China. The true border is between India and Tibet. China has absolutely no role in this conflict. We assert that until Tibet’s independence is restored, this conflict will not find a solution.