Registration Certificate for Tibetans goes online

DHARAMSALA, Apr 4: Tibetans residing in Kangra district (which includes Dharamsala) can now register online for new Registration Certificate and loss of RC, while the online service for registration of Exit Permit, Return Visa and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be implemented in due course.

The Security Department of the Central Tibetan Administration made the announcement at a press conference yesterday citing a guideline issued on Mar 17, 2015 by the Superintendent of Police cum Foreign Registration Office, District Kangra at Dharamshala.

Speaking to reporters at the press conference, Kunga Tashi, Additional Secretary of Department of Security welcomed the new service initiated by the Indian Government toward simplifying the registration process for the Tibetans.

“According to Indian law, a Tibetan born in India has to apply for RC when he/she reaches 16 years old and for renewal or loss of RC as well as other documents needed for travelling abroad such as Exit Permit, Return Visa and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), one had to personally visit the relevant offices to register. However, according to the new guideline, Tibetans residing in Kangra district would be able to register for the aforementioned documents online,” Kunga Tashi said and added, “The online service for new registration and loss of RC has been made effective since Mar 14, 2015. However, online service for renewal of RC, Exit Permit, Return Visa and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are not available currently but will be made available later on.”

The online service is available at and is effective in few states only but will soon be made available for all the states.

Tibetan residents of Dharamsala can visit the branch office of the Department of Security in Mcleod Ganj for assistance on making use of the online services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *